Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, May 15, 2006

Aftermath

First off, to all of the people complaining that the final Immunity challenge was 'rigged' so Danielle would win it - get a clue. Challenges are thought up and created weeks in advance. Some competitions just naturally favor certain Survivors over others. Survivor is not primarily a game of physical competition, it is a game of social interaction.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usMy Favorite
Of the final four, I would have liked to have seen Cirie win. She played a great game which was even more amazing considering that she was afraid of leaves at the start of the show.

The Other Three
Danielle least deserved to win. She was just a lump that somehow managed to stay in the game. I don't think she was even smart enough to be playing 'under the radar.'

Terry was a tremendous physical threat but socially he was inept. Used to a world of logic and reason, he was lost in the haphazard, crazy world of Casaya.

Aras won because he is very balanced physically and socially which is what I think Survivor aims to achieve.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usCurses Spoiled Again
The Car Curse lives on, at least Terry won a real SUV and not some ugly, mutant vehicle like in past seasons. If winning Final Immunity isn't a curse then maybe it should be. Has anyone who has won it gone on to win the million dollars? And so much for that 'betting spoiler' being correct 'every time.' Remember past spoilers are no guarantee of future spoiler returns.

Reunion
Cirie and Hunny Bunny stole the show, they obviously love and care for each other. Thank you America for voting to give them the SUV.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usShane was entertaining as well. Did someone steal his cuff links before the show? Where can I get a multi-colored striped dress shirt with French cuffs like the one he wore last night? I just wish a sweater wasn't covering most of it.

Bruce, a school teacher with 34 years of experience, was suspended without pay for going on Survivor? Most organizations would love all of the free publicity but not all apparently. I just read that half of all teachers quit teaching within three years. Way to go Bruce's school, you suck. The children are our future.

Cook Islands
Next on Survivor, the Cook Islands. Fear not, Exile Island will be back as Survivor moves to the South Pacific. We'll have to wait until the fall to see what new twists Mark Burnett has in store for the Survivors and viewers.

Survivor Hut
I'm moving my Survivor blog to Survivor Hut (http://survivorhut.blogspot.com). This will be my permanent Survivor home, so no more changing web addresses each Survivor season. I intend to have it up and going within about a week.

Thank You
Thanks for reading my ramblings about Survivor. I hope that this blog is entertaining and informative. If you have any suggestions on how to improve it then please leave a comment or Contact Me (pops a new browser window).

Next Update:
Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm going to watch the Survivor Live with the Final Four. I'll post my notes afterwards.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Should have been either Cerie or Terry....

We were all disappointed here at our bi-annual Survivor finale party. Terry was the ultimate Survivor dude, and Cerie deserved to be right there with him. We could imagine the roar of the crowd if Terry won. Quite uneventful for Aras to get it.

After going through the detox of kicking smoking, you'd think Shane would keep clean, but apparantly, he's not that smart. His Today show interview had him saying he's got plenty of cigarettes now. And, what a lame parting phrase when he got booted, "I'm gonna have a chocolate ice cream in one minute"........the perfect retort is, "that's nice, I'm gonna have a million bucks in 3 days".

I've sent my application video in to CBS about 2 dozen times...they never call... :o(

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In reading the many comments posted to this site, especially under the as it airs page, I am left wondering if any of these people have ever watched Survivor before. The season went as many do. The Casaya loyalty while in constant turmoil was different. Would have thought they would turn on each other but they didn't. But the one moment I will not forget, and that is after Danielle claimed "It is time to align myself with Terry", during the challange, no word was spoken, just that glance between her and Aras and I knew we had been had. I was then incredulous that she considered going back on that promise. In any event, this is a game of humans, and strange stuff happens. I am often left bewildered by what these survivors do. And I am still amazed that after 12 seasons, people still haven't figured out that there is a nasty element to the game, and that to win, you must do some lying and backstabbing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home